Recommended for qualified therapists who want to provide an evidence-based hormone balancing facial, with an emphasis on managing the unwelcome emotional and physical consequences of menopause
Suitable for practitioners who offer their services from a room, clinic, spa or in a healthcare setting.
During this qualification learners will
- gain a basic understanding of the biology of menopause and the resultant physical and emotional changes
- list the evidence-base for complementary therapies in the support of those in their menopausal years
- gain an appreciation of the main treatment for menopause as well as some alternatives and, more importantly, understand how these impact the work of a therapist
- be shown how to conduct a non-invasive, largely visual consultation which gives practitioners all of the information needed in order to adapt this specialist facial to the needs of their client
- become familiar with the 12 groups of menopausal symptoms as identified by the pioneering research project The Menopause Million
- use the 12 groups as part of a visual consultation card to instantly identify the unwanted consequences of greatest concern to your client
- match the most significant group of symptoms to acupressure points
- learn how to focus on these points during a luxurious and efficacious facial
- be given a facial routine which includes the face, neck, scalp décolleté, lower arm and hand and lower leg and foot
- incorporate a kansa wand into the facial routine
- use acupressure plasters to increase the impact of the specialist treatment
- further empower your client by giving them a prescription and lifestyle card, showing them how to find the acupressure point of greatest significance to them
- identify local contraindications and learn how to manage them
- learn how to adapt the routine so that it is appropriate for the needs of each individual client
- appreciate the need for proper record keeping
- be shown the ways in which practitioners can empower clients by their words and actions
- practice various communication techniques and identify those to which different clients will respond best
- identify the times at which it is not appropriate to offer a touch therapy
- learn how to get medical consent, should, you, as a qualified hormonal balance practitioner, decide it is needed
- look after their needs as a therapist alongside the needs of the client
Theory - Learners are assessed via verbal and/or written question and answers
Practical - Learners are required to complete a pre-case study assessment. This assessment is carried out by one of the Jennifer Young tutors in a live online session.
Become qualified to offer a full body treatment to support women during their menopausal years in your salon, spa, clinic or rooms. This qualification is delivered online and can be completed at your convenience, to suit your schedule.
A luxurious, indulgent facial designed specifically for women during their menopausal years. The Facial Treatment uses the Jennifer Young specialist skincare collections. The Hormonal Balancing Treatments were developed following research into the complementary therapies known to support women throughout their menopausal years. The treatments harness the power of plant oestrogens (in the products) and acupressure points (plant oestrogens and acupuncture were shown to the most effective broad spectrum complementary solutions to the unwanted emotional and physical consequences of menopause). The facial treatment also includes the use of a Kansa Wand, used for its cooling and calming effects and because it helps you to access facial pressure points (marma points) with ease.
This is a certified course accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists. Upon successful completion, you will be able to welcome clients to your spa or practice for a hormone balancing facial. You will be insured to do so, without requiring medical consent.
You may also like
GET IN TOUCH
Speak with a member of the team
We appreciate being bold is easier said than done. This is why the team at Jennifer Young Training School aim to help you feel confident and rest assured in taking your next steps. Our team can answer your questions around course structure, content, payment plans, insurance or other queries that you may have.