Recommended for qualified therapists who want to provide an holistic oncology facial to those affected by cancer.
Suitable for practitioners who offer their services from a room, clinic, spa or in a healthcare setting.
During this qualification learners will
- gain a basic understanding of the biology of cancer, its treatments, side-effects and associated conditions and the ways in which these change practice
- list the evidence-based benefits of touch treatments for those living with and beyond cancer
- gain an appreciation of the main cancer treatments as well as the more recent advances in treatment and, more importantly, understand how these impact the work of a therapist
- be shown how to conduct a non-invasive, largely visual consultation which gives practitioners all of the information needed in order to adapt this specialist massage to the needs of their client
- be given a facial routine which includes the face, neck, scalp décolleté, lower arm and hand and lower leg and foot
- incorporate crystals into the facial routine
- identify local contraindications and learn how to manage them
- learn how to adapt the routine so that it is appropriate for the needs of each individual client
- appreciate the need for proper record keeping
- be shown the ways in which practitioners can empower clients by their words and actions
- practice various communication techniques and identify those to which different clients will respond best
- identify the times at which it is not appropriate to offer a touch therapy
- learn how to get medical consent, should, you, as a qualified oncology practitioner, decide it is needed
- look after their needs as a therapist alongside the needs of the client
Theory - Learners are assessed via verbal and/or written question and answers
Practical - Learners are required to complete a pre-case study assessment. This assessment is carried out by one of the Jennifer Young tutors in a live online session.
Become qualified to offer a holistic facial for cancer patients in your salon, spa, clinic or rooms. This qualification is delivered online and can be completed at your convenience, to suit your schedule.
A luxurious facial created with rejuvenation in mind. Specialist techniques are used to restore lift and improve the flow of energy and nutrients to the face and scalp. Soothing massage, gentle acupressure and therapeutic natural, organic products combine to make this a powerful anti—ageing experience. Your expert therapist extends the treatment to include the scalp making the experience even more indulgent.
This is a certified course accredited by the Federation of Holistic Therapists. Upon successful completion, you will be able to welcome cancer patients to your spa or practice for an oncology facial. You will be insured to do so, without requiring medical consent.
You may also like
GET IN TOUCH
Speak with a member of the team
We appreciate being bold is easier said than done. This is why the team at Jennifer Young Training School aim to help you feel confident and rest assured in taking your next steps. Our team can answer your questions around course structure, content, payment plans, insurance or other queries that you may have.