Advanced Cancer Awareness Certificate
From treatments to side effects, this course gives you a more advanced understanding in the background knowledge for adapting spa treatments and therapies for anyone with cancer from accredited industry leader, Jennifer Young.
This course is available through our gold and platinum membership plans, or as a standalone course.
Jennifer Young’s Advanced Cancer Awareness diploma is an awareness and theory training course designed to give spa therapists, beauty practitioners and healthcare workers the background knowledge around spa and beauty treatments for cancer patients.
We know, through evidence-based research, that when someone is going through cancer treatment, living with cancer or recovering from it, touch treatments can have a powerful physical, mental and emotional impact on health and wellbeing. Benefits can range from reduced anxiety, reduced pain and reduced nausea to reduced depression and increased dopamine levels, as well as practical improvements to some of the physical side effects of cancer treatment.
This course from the Jennifer Young Training School uses online learning to give you an understanding of the biology of cancer, the science of its treatments, the biological drivers of resulting side-effects, and the protocols and products available for delivering safe and dedicated treatments to clients with cancer.
The course includes:
- A certified Advanced Cancer Awareness diploma on successful completion
- Independent learning on the background needed for treating cancer patients
- Full support from our team who are available to answer all your questions
- Please note that this course does not give you the accreditation to deliver touch treatments. It covers the background information needed in order to understand the needs of cancer patients, helping you to decide if the next level of training is for you. For practical qualifications in cancer touch therapies, please see our range of oncology postgraduate diploma courses.
- Advanced Cancer Treatments
- Body Systems
- Skin Considerations
- Neurological Considerations
- Haematological, Circulatory and Lymphatic Considerations
- Musculoskeletal Considerations
Be prepared to welcome those affected by cancer
learn more about working when medical consent has been given
Learn with the experts
understand the why as well as the what and the how