The Jennifer Young Training School Advanced Cancer Awareness course is designed to provide spa therapists, beauty practitioners and healthcare workers working theory knowledge and understanding of the biology of cancer to welcome clients of different stages of cancer with confidence. Our course provides online learning and cancer workbooks designed to take all learning styles into account and is accessible to all. Accelerated learning techniques are used as standard during oncology courses with The Jennifer Young Training School.
This course does not give you the training or qualifications to provide touch oncology treatment. Visit our course page to view our range of oncology touch therapies that you can enrol onto, to become qualified in oncology treatments at the Jennifer Young Training School. These include a combination of online learning and the supported completion of case studies. Through it, you will learn about the biology of cancer, the science of its treatments, the biological drivers of resulting side-effects, and the protocols and products that you can use to deliver safe and dedicated treatments, empowering you to treat clients appropriately and with confidence.
This is a certified theory course, which also forms part of all our accredited and certified touch qualifications. Upon successful completion of this stand-alone course, you will have an understanding of the more recent treatments for cancer as well as the side-effects associated with them. You will also gain a deeper understanding of some body systems.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What the course includes
What are the pre-requisites for the advanced cancer awareness course
What you will recieve
How do I complete my assessments
Do you provide product information and recommendations?
Do I need any special technology to access the course?
Work with cancer patients
use your skills to help those affected by cancer
Learn with the experts
understand the why as well as the what and the how
Evidence for the benefits of oncology touch therapy treatments
Undergoing or recovering from cancer treatment is often the time when extra indulgence and pampering is required the most. However, post-diagnosis, it becomes more difficult to find salons and spas who offer treatments, meaning that oncology massage, facials, and hand, nail & foot treatments are often a memorable, transformative experience.
- Reduced anxiety, depressed mood and anger in breast cancer patients
- Increased vigour (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved quality of life (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced pain and improvement of mood, reduced stress levels
- Reduced perception of pain, nausea and increased relaxation after 10 minute (5 minute per foot) foot massage
- Pain intensity, pulse rate, and respiratory rate significantly reduced immediately after the massages. At study entry, the massage group reported higher pain intensity, which decreased by 42% (25% reduction in the control group)
- Reduced anxiety scores, depression, general fatigue, reduced motivation fatigue, and emotional fatigue
- Reduced depression and improved sleep
- Reduced heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Decrease in physical discomfort, group fatigue, and mood disturbance.
The effect of massage on mood disturbances was greater when treated continuously by the same therapist
- Reduced depression and hostility, increased urinary dopamine, serotonin values, natural killer cell number and lymphocytes in breast cancer patients
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels (breast cancer patients)
Full references are provided as standard in Jennifer Young Training materials.
Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com