Holistic wellbeing for common side effects of cancer treatment
Cancer treatment has a lot of side effects, many of which doctors work hard to mitigate with further medication. However, there are also holistic approaches that can help soothe and ease some wellbeing side effects using a combination of aromatherapy, massage and natural skincare ingredients.
Common side effects of cancer treatment
Amongst the common side effects of cancer treatment are:
- Stress and anxiety
- An inability to focus (also referred to as 'chemo brain')
- Low energy levels
- Low confidence levels
- Dry and itchy skin
At Jennifer Young, the products we use and their ingredients are as intentional and important as the treatment protocols that we create for our oncology touch therapies. Products are also available for spas and boutiques to offer clients as gifts and through retail premises so that they can continue the wellbeing at home. Their value lies in the quality of the ingredients which work on the deepest levels of the skin; the simplicity of the formula so that they don't cause negative reactions; and the targeted nature of the ingredients to address specific side effects of cancer treatment.
Wellbeing oils targeting the side effects of cancer treatment
Amongst the products that we use are our Well Being Beauty Body Oils, which have been formulated to address the cancer treatment side effects mentioned above, as well as others. There are nine oils in the collection:
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Spring Sunshine: to uplift and energise
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Vitality: to reduce feelings of nausea and calm the digestive system
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Serenity: for stress and anxiety
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Holistic Wellness: for when you're feeling off balance
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Sleep Ritual: to help prepare for a better night's sleep
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Calming: to help clear the mind and relax the body
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Concentration: to help clear the mind and promote feelings of confidence and self-belief
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Mental Clarity: to help ease headaches, relax tired muscles and soothe the mind
- Well Being Beauty Body Oil Confidence: to aid a sense of confidence, self-belief and help combat feelings of anxiety
Each product is a combination of nourishing skincare ingredients including grapeseed oil and coconut oil, as well as carefully selected essential oils to aid with the corresponding symptom. For example, the Well Being Beauty Body Oil Spring Sunshine is imbued with lemon, lime, benzoin and lavender, while the Well Being Beauty Body Oil Vitality contains warm and soothing cardamom and ginger as well as black pepper, lime, spearmint, lavender, peppermint and benzoin.
In the coming weeks, we will be discussing when and how these beautiful oils can be incorporated into oncology spa therapies by therapists trained on our accredited courses. Watch this space.