Benefits of Oncology Massage
Did you know Oncology Massage can do all of this? Everyday is a school day...
- Reduced anxiety, depressed mood and anger in breast cancer patients
- Increased vigour (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved quality of life (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced pain and improvement of mood, reduced stress levels
- Reduced perception of pain, nausea and increased relaxation after 10-minute (5 minute per foot) foot massage
- Pain intensity, pulse rate, and respiratory rate significantly reduced immediately after the massages. At study entry, the massage group reported higher pain intensity, which decreased by 42% (25% reduction in the control group)
- Reduced anxiety scores, depression, general fatigue, reduced motivation fatigue, and emotional fatigue
- Reduced depression and improved sleep
- Reduced heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Decrease in physical discomfort, group fatigue, and mood disturbance. The effect of massage on mood disturbances was greater when treated continuously by the same therapist
- Reduced depression and hostility, increased urinary dopamine, serotonin values, natural killer cell number and lymphocytes in breast cancer patients
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels (breast cancer patients)
You can offer oncology patients the chance to experience these benefits by extending your treatment offerings by joining the Jennifer Young Training School. Train with us for expertly formulated touch therapy and theory courses, learning support, and the chance help those in the cancer community.
These benefits are felt by many, not just those suffering from cancer. We’d love for you to join us on one of our online post-graduate diplomas – our free products (Itchy Skin Oil and Smooth Skin Oil) with every Oncology Massage booking offer expires 1200 Monday 28 October – don’t be late.