The Essentials Facial
From products to techniques, learn how to deliver and adapt this specially designed, anti-ageing Essentials Facial safely for anyone with cancer on our accredited course from industry leader, Jennifer Young.
Accredited - Certified - 21 CPD points
Taught by experts
This course is available through our platinum membership planSIGN UP
Evidence of the benefits of oncology essential facial
- Reduced anxiety, depressed mood and anger in breast cancer patients
- Increased vigour (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Improved quality of life (breast cancer patients)
- Reduced pain and improvement of mood, reduced stress levels
- Pain intensity, pulse rate, and respiratory rate significantly reduced immediately after the massages. At study entry, the massage group reported higher pain intensity, which decreased by 42% (25% reduction in the control group)
- Reduced anxiety scores, depression, general fatigue, reduced motivation fatigue, and emotional fatigue
- Reduced depression and improved sleep
- Reduced heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Decrease in physical discomfort, group fatigue, and mood disturbance.
The effect of massage on mood disturbances was greater when treated continuously by the same therapist
- Reduced depression and hostility, increased urinary dopamine, serotonin values, natural killer cell number and lymphocytes in breast cancer patients
- Reduced mood disturbances and perceived stress levels (breast cancer patients)
Full references are provided as standard in Jennifer Young Training materials.
Become qualified to offer facials for cancer patients in your salon, spa, clinic or rooms. This qualification is delivered online and can be completed at your convenience, to suit your schedule.
Jennifer Young’s postgraduate diploma in the oncology The Essentials Facial is a certified qualification designed to give spa therapists, beauty practitioners and healthcare workers the understanding, knowledge and confidence to provide specially designed facial treatments to clients going through the different stages of cancer, without requiring medical consent.
Facials can offer holistic healing as well as practical skincare benefits at any time. However, for those going through cancer treatment, or living with or beyond cancer, facials can provide a profound sense of wellbeing and can also be used to help address the sometimes painful or distressing side effects of treatment, many of which can have a long-term impact.
This course at the Jennifer Young Training School is combination of online learning and the supported completion of case studies. Through it, you will learn about the biology of cancer, the science of its treatments, the biological drivers of resulting side-effects, and the protocols and products that you can use to deliver safe and dedicated facials, empowering you to treat clients appropriately and with confidence.
What the course includes
What you will receive
Cancer Awareness Level 1
Advanced Cancer Awareness
Oncology Touch Therapies - theory and practice online learning
Work with cancer patients
use your skills to help those affected by cancer
Learn with the experts
understand the why as well as the what and the how