Sign up to this FREE training course
JOIN THE THOUSANDS OF THERAPISTS WHO HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED THE TRAINING
For therapists and others working in spa, salon, clinics and more
What you'll get:
- Accredited & Certified Learning
- Online training - delivered by Jennifer Young a recognised expert in occupational health
- Learn how to control cross infection
- Understand Legal requirements and best practice
Note: Therapists and employers remain responsible for their own decisions - this information is for guidance only
Please note – this information was correct at the time of research. You should ensure that you have up to date information at all times
Free Open Access - accredited and certified online training
More about Control of Cross Infection in a Post-Covid World - Professional Standards of Hygiene
Jennifer Young, founder of www.BeautyDespiteCancer.com, has been teaching enhanced hygiene standards for decades. She brought professional oncology touch therapy qualifications and specialist skincare for cancer patients to the beauty and holistic world.
Prior to joining the spa community, Jennifer was responsible for enforcing the law regarding control of cross infection. During her time working for the organisation that writes and upholds the law governing infection control, Jennifer added post-graduate qualifications in Occupational Health and Law to her first degree in Biology. Working internationally, she has helped global organisations to protect their teams as well as their clients.
It is time for the spa industry to recognise the need for increased hygiene standards in the Post-Covid World. Jennifer Young has created an online accredited, assessed and certified qualification for spa, holistic and beauty therapists. The training is freely available to all – there is no cost for the training or the certification. The Jennifer Young Professional Standard of Hygiene certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the course. The qualification logo will be made available to certificate holders to display online and in spa to reassure all that enhanced control measures are in place and are monitored.
The Jennifer Young Post Graduate Diplomas in Oncology Touch Therapies have hygiene standards at their heart. Jennifer believes that everyone deserves these higher standards of infection control. She is delighted to be able to share her expertise so that you can give your clients what they deserve.
Therapists and spa managers are asked to complete four parts of The Jennifer Young Professional Standard of Hygiene.
All levels require students to complete an online questionnaire. A certificate is awarded on successful completion of all levels. You will be given an Infection Control Qualified Logo to use on your website.
Part 1 – Understand Coronavirus and COVID 19
You will learn about Coronavirus, transmission, COVID-19 and ways in which the virus is vulnerable. The course materials include practical advice on laundry, hygiene, cleaning and cleaning materials.
Level 2 – The Law
Therapists will be taught how to research and interpret legal requirements and apply them to infection control within their workplace. Delegates will be shown how to structure, record and convey decisions made with regard to control of cross infection.
Level 3 - Risk Assessment
This part of the accredited certification makes risk assessment a lot less scary and significantly more logical. It is easy to carry out a risk assessment and to control risks when you know how.
Jennifer Young takes you by the hand and leads you through a risk assessment process. Upon completion of this section you will be a risk assessment ninja.
You will be given risk assessment documents and cheat sheets. You will find yourself talking risk assessment to your friends and will be overjoyed by your new found clarity.
Level 4 – Your Risk Assessment
Part 4 of this online training provides a gentle reminder of that which we should all be doing and encourages you to think about additional steps required in your workplace.
- Hand washing - Proper hand washing has been part of the Jennifer Young Post Graduate Diplomas in Oncology Touch Therapy since the beginning. Therapists who are new to the Jennifer Young Training School will be given information and advice about what to use to wash their hands; how to wash has become common knowledge since the arrival of COVID 19
- Laundry - How and when to wash towels and other items used as part of touch therapies.
- Product Use – what to use, how to dispense and when to dispose
- Sterilisation, disinfection and more suitable alternatives – the legal standards and those more commonly adopted
- General Room Cleanliness – what is required?
- Methods of disposal of waste – ways in which the therapist can protect themselves and their client.
- Personal hygiene – for the therapist and the client; ways in which expectations can be set and managed.
- Nails – always controversial, professional standards of nail care and presentation
- Hand washing during a routine
- Information for the client
- How to adapt a routine in order to minimise infection
- Face touching
- Infection control measures in the wider property
- PPE – is it helpful? If so, when?
- Identifying vulnerable clients
- Identifying vulnerable therapists
- The law and methods of compliance
Myths are dispelled and scientific research is celebrated.